Monday, June 26, 2006

Next Level Radio...and Merz


I am trying to keep my faith vibrant, despite some really tough hardships that my dearest friends are going through right now. But sometimes it is personally difficult to get the energy and laughter back so easily. My kids are always a source of inspiration, and for that I am utterly grateful.

I recently came across two things that I wanted to share that helped calm my soul and was a source of inspiration.

If you have 3 segments of 30 minutes available, please fill them up at least one of them by listening to one of 3 podcasts from www.nextlevelradio.org. This new podcast now with its 3rd broadcast now availabe, is brought to you by a one of my favorite people, Will Morrison the 7th. He is utterly unique, humble, kind and the most genuine type of guy (a son of a blacksmith, Computer geek AND a DJ..need I say more?).

Through his Pod cast, he is finding new ways to share developments on musicians, rappers, poets and rock bands who all have a positive world embracing message. Listening to Will and his interviews, selections of music and dialogue around spirituality and art is a true inspiration. Not only for me, but for other start-up artists who are wondering if their message counts. I hope Will keeps on broadcasting, I can't wait for number 4.

On the same note, I also re-discovered music that I am swept up into and have listened and re-listened over the past few weeks. Merz, led by a Bahai named Conrad Lambert is an artist that I cannot get enough of. His latest LP Silvertree which is available on ITUNES is soulful, absolutely intoxicating and melts my heart. Especially Dangerous Heady Love Scheme. He is amazing, just amazing. (by the way, the band Coldplay thinks so too! check out their review on his site at www.merz.co.uk)

Enjoy, and one other bit of news, little Max laughed today... some of the best news I have heard in a while.

No comments: