Thursday, September 22, 2005

karma the carson daly way

of all the times I decide to glance at the tv screen, I end up watching the beginning of
"my name is earl". I am so surpirsed I even start watching this since I have less and less time to rest, read and chill after the kids are in bed. In any event, I do and I get very, very surprised.

Its about doing good, a guy ends up having an epiphany about accountability for his actions and that karma can change his life. He got the idea from watching an interview show of Carson Daly, who became successful he says because of his karma doing good things makes good things happen to you, and vice versa for the bad...

Earl, hearing this gets the idea that his whole existance of bad events and circumstances must have come about due to the bad things he had done to others. He changes that by writing a list of all the bad things, a debt list taking account of everything he ever did that was bad (I think the # was in the 200's) He starts with one item, and by the end of the show, he could cross it off his list.

So a guy who originally cast as a southern, unsophisticated gruff individual, becomes empathetic, thought provoking and tries to transform his own spirit. What do you know, and on tv??

I had to watch it and frankly I enjoyed it. It was really nice hearing how a judgmental, rude bully like character becomes responsible and accounts for his deeds. A worthy cause and maybe even an inspiring moment for the primetime tv people. I'll be watching, or at least interested in how this turns out...

No comments: