Sunday, November 27, 2005

Home again

That was Alec...he is sitting on my lap now and he loves the computer. He is now crawling around my chair in the library. Anyway, we got back from my sister's and as I hoped it was a a really nice Thanksgiving. We heard my Dad's tape and even with the tears that greeted me it was a great experience. We had turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy and an orange fresh cranberry (really) salad. The dessert, which I should just mention was very nice. Pieter made his heavenly apple tart (tres francais et formidable) and my brother in law's sister Valerie (which I should practically call family since she feels that close) made three pies, apple, lemon meringue and pumpkin cheescake. The pumpkin cheesecake was really good, and Bella actually had a slice of the applie pie & lemon meringue pie. Alec? Well, he had some macaroni and cheese.

Now a few days later, Bella is almost over her illness (she had Bronchitis we found out on Friday at the Dr's) and now Alec and I are both suffering from a rough cough, sandpapery throat and fatigue. Hopefully Alec will be well and not need medication, but we will see.

Sunday is here and another week is starting. I would love to not go back to work for at least 2 more weeks. I think everytime I have a little time off, it is harder to go back to the work pace. But I will create some resolve, gather some more strength and hopefully gain more capacity instead of feeling pity on myself (the worst...)

Hey some cool news on the Bahai front, our Cluster (named Captial North consisting of counties of Somerset, Mercer, Hunterdon and Somerset) has been given A status. This means that the Bahais of our area have been designated with a status relating to the highest level of teaching efforts, activities and growth. Exciting this is, and yet I am wondering how much will change in our community. In some respect I feel there is a spotlight on our region within the North Eastern states (the 4th area of our region that has been granted A status) and expectations shift. More effort, more focus, more clarity of vision. Exciting times, and I hope I can make the mark...

Ready set go!!!!!!!

"Forget your own selves and turn your eyes toward your neighbor. Bend your energies to whatever may foster the education of men..." Bahá'u'lláh

1 comment:

Leif Nabil said...

Hooray!!!
I can wait to help.