Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving and the G5


Hi there, and to those Americans who log in, wishing you a nice Thanksgiving. Our family will be driving up to my sister's in Ballston Spa NY about a 3 hour drive tomorrow morning. Unfortunatly Isabella & Alec was sick this past weekend and Bella at least has not gotten over it. Red cheeks, stuffy nose and lots of coughing has replaced her daily singing, chatting away and running around. Well, we hope for the best tomorrow and will bring lots of VICKS and other things to help get through the day in as sickfree way as possible.

Anyway, I know what I am thankful for, life, family health and time. Time to spend with family without work, worries or heavy concerns. Plus, I am once again thankful that technology has assisted me in making memories a reality.

Tomorrow, I will be bringing to my sister's a CD that I burned off of my G5 MAC Garage Band program. This CD is a 20 minute clip of special memories, of my Dad. A long time ago (spanning back almost 30 years) my father created a tape of his children, and our cousins, with my Mamoo Shams (Uncle in Urdu) while they were visiting from Pakistan. My Dad has this special way of talking, responding and guiding a conversation in a very gentle happy sort of way.

So in this tape, we take turn singing songs, telling jokes, and hearing an interview that my Dad conducts with my cousin about her visit in Buffalo, NY (where we lived at the time). It is full with laughter and includes a beautiful duet that my Father sang with Mamoo Shams. Did I ever tell you that my Dad used to be a singer on the radio in Pakistan? Well it was for a short time, but at least you get the impression his voice is unique and of recording quality. Recording this and listening to it makes me smile...and miss my Dad even more.

My father left this world in January of 93 due to a five year struggle with cancer. But I think God had better plans for him in his own way. I miss him a lot and will be thinking of him tomorrow especially while the tape will played in digital format for the next generation children to hear, enjoy and to experience my Dad...like he was hear making us laugh, sing and enjoy life, just as my sister and I knew him to be.

So thanks Mac G5 for helping me out and making this Thanksgiving a special one.



: )

Peace.

No comments: