Thursday, November 03, 2005

logging in from legal offsite

Work work work. Well, I am here in Tampa Florida about to fall asleep in the lovely Hilton Garden Inn in East Brandon part of Tampa, only 8 minutes from the nearest Barnes and Noble, where I get my tea, coffee and hang at for moments of peace during this crazy seminar/work filled few days.

So, my IPOD and inMotion speakers are keeping me company here in my hotel room. Love the Cure, Dee Lite, a little Morrissey prior another full day at the the IP NAS seminar meeting where we discuss legal intellectual property issues, contract terms (good bad & the ugly) and dialogue about compliance issues. We even consult around how to improve processes or ancient practices at our company that need to be renewed...or maybe even thrown away.

So tomorrow I have to play host to a legal style jeopardy type game, we start at 8:30...my prep? Drinking Verona coffee in the AM and hopefully a good night sleep.

I miss my kids I miss their faces, their laughing and hugs.(P, good night and sweet dreams, and eternal thanks for holding up the fort so gracefully...)

Anyway, I have also been reminded of how I do not nor ever have liked politics in an organization. I am not personally affected that much, but others are. We need to veer away from these thankless processes that only serve our ego, titles, who knows who etc. Cool how the following Hidden Word totally hits the point: (note the exclamation point...)

O Son of Dust!
Verily, I say unto thee: Of all men the most negligent is he that disputeth idly and seeketh to advance himself over his brother. Say, O brethren! Let deeds, not words be your adorning.

Baha'u'llah


deeds.(Nuff said)

No comments: