Sunday, December 18, 2005

Spiritual Cafe revisited

So last night was a very cooooool Spiritual Cafe. We had a diverse group, with a collection of college students from US and Australlia/young professionals/lawyers/a Princeton student who is also verging on a professional baseball career and us. The theme was spirituality and the arts. The conversation included discussions around the recent riots in Australlia, racism in France, how to achieve world peace and percieve oneness of humanity when everyone around us seeks self gratification, achieving our "personal quest" as portrayed in the Alchemist, how the aborigines traced song line, sharing how to enable strict atheists to feel the spiritual world rather than rationalize it, the cool new duet between Alicia Keys and Bono and dunking cookies in coffee.

This is what I found to be so inspiring, that people many of whom have never met before can engage in a true exchange of fellowship, while exploring layers of truth and critical thinking about the world around them. It was a GREAT night, one that I will place in my heart of memories and hopefully add to in the future.

Peace.

3 comments:

Leif Nabil said...

I admire you and P for putting together such an amazing forum.

Big Iguana said...

Is that a sprained ankle??? What on earth are you up to when not at the Spiritual Cafe?! Sorry to have missed the fun - next time

nishat said...

To Leif,
We miss you and can't wait for you to join us again!

Sham,
This was a photo when Pieter and I went to Haifa for our pilgrimage. I was looking around and checking the place out, when P took another random pictures. somehow when I titled this entry"revisited" it reminded me of my discovery in Haifa...Look forward to seeing you at our next one!!

Love, Nish