Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mystic trek


Today I took Isabella bike riding on her pink "mystic trek" bike. I practically ran/jogged behind her as she explored new sidewalk terrain on her training wheels. With helmet secured and hair pulled back, she enjoyed the turns, speeding up, braking and watching my shadow as the wind breeze moved by on a 70 degree sunny day.

What a moment, and I am psyched that I was there. With all the traveling I am doing lately (at least 2 days a week now) I am trying to catch up with my kids time on the weekend. Lately Pieter and I have found that spending too much time with people (great friends, movies, etc.) may be fun, but we lose some important moments with our kids. It is becoming more and more important to keep our kids as the highlight and others as great icing on the cake. So today we planned to go to the Princeton Market Fair to pick up some presents for Bella's upcoming birthday celebration with one of her best friends; walked through Princeton, got some pizza and of course some of the best ice cream in NJ (Halo Pub, you can't beat a $1.50 cone that is all natural and a little bit of heaven)

Anyway, I am going to be more cognizant of these moments, and make sure my priorities are kept in line with my overall goals. So this weekend, this Saturday at least has been a success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good exercise, Nish, and the "knife cuts at both ends"...
I totally agree!
Hugs,
Carla- oma