Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Writer's block...for a good cause


I need to write to the Senate and House of Representatives to inspire, ask or to simply demand that they take action for the latest developments coming out of Iran regarding the threats posed to Iranian Bahá’í community. I want to send them a letter asking them to help, because they, unlike most people, can actually do something about it. The situation in Iran is getting worse. The newspapers within that country are enabling articles and ads that harbor hate and create an illusion that the Bahá’ís are at fault or should be blamed for something. Perhaps all the recent pressure from the US or Europe regarding the Iranian Governments most extreme comments have spurred the Iranians to find a scape goat, and maybe the Bahá’í's are an easy target. Soldiers of peace usually are, and as history has shown, the Iranian government has been unfortunately very fond of trying to destroy the Bahá’ís.

Everytime I sit down to write the letter(s), I am unsure how I should present these issues. My day job requires me to write constantly, define situations, negotiate issues, clarify grey areas and to wield my pen to create a snapshot of the final concepts of the negotiated deal on paper; often for a multi-million dollar deal.

But now? How do I express something so close to my heart, to someone I do not know? And this person is a real potential powerhouse who can create legislation, push an agenda and possibly inspire international action...

Well, maybe it is more about the heart and weaving the right sentiment rather than the perfect words...(to be continued)

1 comment:

Leif Nabil said...

I'm finding it difficult, too.