Friday, May 26, 2006

When We Dance...

Eleven years ago tomorrow, the most wonderful event happened that changed the rest of my life. I made a promise to someone and these were the words I heard on that most wonderful day while we had our 1st dance as husband and wife on May 27, 1995:

Come and live with me
We'll have children of our own
I would love you more than life
If you'll come and be my wife
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings

I'm gonna try in every way
Cathedrals are broken
Heaven's no longer above
And hellfire's a promise away
I'd still be saying
I'm still in love
When we dance, angels will run and hide their wings

I never thought it would come true, but it has. What started as an unexpected yet wonderful email correspondance in 1994 became the start of an incredible intense shared friendship and partnership that would last and endure through today with utter love and respect while setting each other free as we grow & learn through this thing called life.

Happy anniversary to my greatest love and best friend Pieter Bas. I look forward to the rest of time by your side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. Victory of the spirit. My heart goes out to you.