Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Roses...


Support can come in many ways; through friends understanding, through colleagues offering their congrats on a job well done; through the hug of a child with eternal love and smiles; and through the sweet gesture of having pink roses brought to me after a long trip away from home.

These are the moments I can play over and over again in my mind, the few seconds which linger and when remembered, brings a smile to my heart. While my husband Pieter works on his creative talent of book writing, and extrapolating the essence of what inspires a 21st century person to contribute to this world, I am reminded that work, discipline and focus is a talent we must all hone, and never ignore. Yet through this unending task, we need others to help us along the way. Whether prayer, meditation, chatting on the phone, laughing out loud at nothing at all, or just stopping to smell the roses, we all need that push to get us through the task when we run out of breath.

And so to my special friend with the simple initials of PB, thank you for your support and the unending encouragement, love and pink roses that you bring.

Merci...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entries always brighten my day.

Sorry I missed seeing you this winter, but I'll be around in May!

nz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.