Tuesday, January 17, 2006

He has been to the mountaintop, the promised land...

Before I begin publishing my random thoughts, I wanted to take notice that yesterday was the commemoration for Dr. Martin Luther King. A man who lived and taught through example. I heard a recording of him on the radio of his speech soon before he was killed. I was so moved by his passion, candor, dedication, strength, courage and intensity. I am reminded that one person can move so many people, what made Mr. Martin Luther King so brave? Why did he favor peace, and how did he sustain his belief while many opposed him. What creates that fire that outlasts his life? I have a theory, that his words and life brought us closer to the truth, closer to the potential of where we can be, and it creates a spiritual connection that cannot but touch so many of us.

I think we all can see a glimmer of the strength of the human character, and recognize when it shines. Sad that his life was cut short, unjustly ending another chapter in human heroism, those who fought beyond themselves and aided humanity to move forward.

No comments: