Tuesday, January 17, 2006

wishes for a safe flight

Hi there world. I am now a little sickie suffering from a type of cold, flu antibiotic requiring ailment. Not so bad though as this week is a slightly slower week than usual at my work. I can actually work from home for a day or two while I sniff away, drink some more green tea and blow into the newest types of tissues created for man's consumption (antibacterial, antiviral, anti anything sick type tissues).

I am amazed that it has been snowing, raining, sunny and now raining again all within a matter of a few days. What is it with this weather???? I hate to raise the "duhhhhh" factor regarding global warming, but it seems significant and obvious almost on a daily basis. I did see a new commerical last night on the new Lexus hybrid. Is that good? A luxury SUV that is also claiming to be environmentally friendly? Or is this another marketing ploy to those of us who care to listen. Anyway, hopefully these weather events around the world are creating a stir...for a change towards the better that is.
As the weather is fluctuating, my hope is that air travel will not be affected, well, I better say a prayer on that. Some relatives will be flying this week.

This Saturday, Carolina (P's mom) will be flying in from her home in Driebergen Holland to visit!! Very excited, happy and looking forward to seeing her once again here in NJ. She will be here only for a 3 week visit. Funny how we find that so short. Years ago, a 10 day visit seemed just right. Yet she is so much part of our family, we have all missed her and will enjoy seeing her again. I have already been saving movies to see with her. (And some new games to play that we recieved for xmas...)

Also, my mother is flying to Pakistan. I will not go into details about why, since it will make this a sadder post than I am willing to share right now, but I am keeping her in my prayers that she and her husband will be safe and return healthy and unharmed. I am so aware that they are not really in the midst of danger while they are in their birthplace, but I am still some what concerned over the unexpected injustices that can arise in Pakistan, especially when the damage can be created from within or from elsewhere.

Anyway, wishes for a safe journey, and a safe landing to those we so dearly love...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read an article that argued that hybrid SUVs don't get as many miles per gallon as they claim to get, which I assume means they guzzle just as much gas as regular SUVs. Hopefully they're fixing that...

Best of luck to those traveling.